Friday 17 January 2014

Friday, January 17, 2014

Since I've been back in Galveston for almost a week, the Buffalo debacle is fading into a crappy memory - a conversation piece, even! I arrived at my rv last Saturday around midnight, thanks to Rob coming and picking me up from the Houston International Airport. This is what greeted me (of course, I took the pictures and got the full effect the next morning):
                                     This was sooo awesome, after the week from hell in Buffalo! . . . and the Blue Moon beer gets the seal of approval from Bobby, so it must be good!

A yellow ribbon tied all around my entire rv!

Yellow ribbons dangling from the palm tree!

Yellow ribbon tied around the signpost!

A closer-up shot of the yellow ribbons on the palm tree.

Even my chair has yellow bows on it!

. . . and the mirrors


It's been "cold" here, but yesterday was gorgeous, especially out of the wind. In the morning, I went to water aerobics in the new spa (about a dozen people were there - almost filled the spa, although we could have accommodated a few more - that's how big the new spa is) and then came back and lay in the sun for about an hour - so fantastic!
Using my Dickens on the Strand mug to good advantage.

Towel, bathing suit, and robe - signs of warm weather!

My little yard.

Sophie, Mia, and Jack enjoyed the sun too.
Then, for lunch, Rob & Helen, Tess, Elaine & Marvin, Joan & Susan and I all went to lunch together at the West End Marina, about a five minute drive west on the island (the opposite way from Galveston).  Lovely restaurant right on the water.  Joan & Susan had researched it and found that they have a half off special on hamburger combos from 11:00 to 5:00 every day.  Yummy burgers and great company!
Elaine, in front of one side of the marina

Our waitress, plus Helen (elbow sling and all) and her granddaughter, Tess.

From left to right:  Helen, Rob, Elaine, Marvin, Joan, me, Susan, and Tess.
After we got back, Joan, Susan, Daisy and I went for a walk on the beach:
A lone fisherman in his waders.

It's really quite a wide beach, and people drive their cars on it.

Cool posts, separating the public from the private - I think - the only difference seems to be that, beyond the posts, nobody drives their cars. . . 

The gulls have chosen a post each 



Susan and Daisy

Cool shell

The beach just goes on and on . . .



Daisy, Susan, Joan

Another shell

Bye for now, beach!
Last night was Mexican Fiesta night at the potluck, so lots of burritos and enchiladas and tacos, etc. etc. I left early - too much noise, too crowded - obviously, Jamica Beach is becoming too damn successful!  They are in the process of building the clubhouse out further, so when they finish, there'll be more room for the potluck.
Today is laundry day for me, and updating this blog - and tonight we want to do something special with Elaine and Marvin, since they're leaving tomorrow.  It doesn't seem that they've been here a whole month, but they have!

No comments:

Post a Comment