Saturday 20 May 2017

May 20th, 2017

Time is flying by now - Rob and I have been planning and making reservations for Alaska pretty intensely for the past three weeks or so - lots of telephone chats and email updates - especially where Rob is concerned.  I received  Revision #25 of his Excel spreadsheet last week. Did I look at it?  Well, no . . . a bit overwhelming.  I have my own planning method, involving dates, places to stay, and things to see - in paragraph form.  Each to his own, I guess!There will be a few times when we separate, as my rig will go some places where his might get damaged - the highway from Whitehorse to Dawson City, for example.  Rob has heard that this highway is too rough for his 43 ft. Class A rig; but I have no intentions of missing Dawson City - home of Robert Service!  We'll both be taking a ferry from Haines to Prince Rupert, but he'll leave earlier than I will and will change ferries and stay on some islands on the way.  I'll just take the one ferry - sounds pretty awesome - lots to observe as one slides around the islands!
Gotta take my rv in next week - on Thursday, on the way back from dumping my tanks, smoke drifted around the driver side, coming from the motor or just behind and under it.  I stopped at a garage, but they were too busy to check it out, so I brought it back to Sue-Jane's house.  The smoke and the burning rubber smell were gone by the time I pulled into the driveway, but clearly something is - or was - amiss!  Oddly, the water pump (which has been making a clattering sound for the past week or two) is now running smoothly again.  There must be a connection between these two things, but I have no idea what it might be!!
Pat and I made our annual jaunt to Almonte, a lovely little town about 45 minutes from Ottawa - pretty scene down by the river - no flooding, although the river is certainly way higher than usual.
Yesterday, Nancy and I went to the Pelican Grill after scrabbling at the church - yummy shrimp, on a par with Galveston!!


The Canterbury Trebles ;presented the music at the church service a few weeks ago - also wonderful to hear them!









Sue-Jane's daughter Erin's lovely sheepadoodle, Abby.

Hilda, Judy, and Irene - regulars at my Monday craft group at Judy's house.


Laura - expressive as usual . . . 

Other Laura - as productive as usual!

The Pelican Grill

No comments:

Post a Comment