Wednesday 10 October 2012

October 10, 2012:  I spent Thanksgiving weekend visiting friends near Cormac - beautiful countryside, lovely location - got to park my RV in their yard and hook up to electricity from their house.  I had some water in my fresh water tank, and my propane tank was full, so I had heat, water, toilet, stove, fridge, etc. all working just fine!  This makes visiting friends soo much easier - don't need a bed, just a piece of ground.  If they hadn't had electricity available, I would have used my generator.  Talk about independent!  I love it!
It was an awesome weekend - haven't seen my good friend Cheryl and her husband Jim in ages.  Also got to spend time with Lydia and her son Julian, and with Addie.  And, of course, the dinner:  turkey, stuffing, and all the trimmings, ham, veggies, buns, etc. - and three homemade pies:  apple, pumpkin, and lemon meringue.  Cheryl is an amazing cook!  After that meal, lots and lots of sleeping . . .
The photos below are only a pale reflection of the beauty of the Canadian countryside in the fall - you can see the dusting of dew on the fields - and yes, that is sunrise . . .









No comments:

Post a Comment