Friday 21 December 2012

Thursday, December 20, 2012:  Just got back from the hot tub - a chilly evening (11 C.) with some wind.  Last night the wind woke me up a few times - it was rocking the RV like crazy, and when I went to type on the computer, I kept making mistakes because of the erratic movement!  Ottawa, I notice, is currently at -1, with a wind chill of -8.  Just keeps things in perspective . . .
This evening was also our Thursday potluck - plus a Christmas gift exchange, which was lots of fun - what a great little community is in this park!
Yesterday we spent the day on the mainland, shopping and eating lunch together - Wednesdays are generally opportunities for exploring shops and malls and restaurants on the mainland - this week, of course,  the emphasis was in Christmas shopping. I bought a little Norfolk pine for my RV - lots of people have strung lights on the outside of their rigs.  Tuesday we had a cookie exchange - although most people baked their own, I wasn't the only one to resort to store-bought (nice, though - Mrs. Fields' cookies - not the cheapo kind).
Last weekend, I drove to a spot across from the seawall and walked out onto one of the many walkways out into the ocean - took lots of pics - I just love the ocean and all of her moods!

Retired drilling rig which has been turned into a museum - I haven't been in it yet, but it's supposed to be fascinating.

Drilling rigs are apparently constructed in Galveston and then towed by tug out to their destinations.


Part of the group, wandering around the harbourfront.

We had lunch inside this building, right on the water.

A random shot of the RV park, with the Jamaica Beach watertower in the distance.

Walkway into the ocean.

Stairs connecting the sidewalk to the beach.

From the walkway

You don't want to slip between the slabs of rock!

A bit choppy today!

Looking back from the middle of the walkway - note my rv parked across the road.

Just love the waves!



A seventeen foot seawall has got to attract graffitti artists, of course - and this is the edge  of downtown Galveston.


And there she is - my home!

A shot from the balcony of the clubhouse. showing the Gulf of Mexico side  - just cross the road and you're at the ocean!

And there's a pond and water fountain in the park, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment