Monday 28 January 2013

Friday, January 18th:  Cozumel - last port of call! The sea was a bit rough today, so all ocean excusions were cancelled - Dora, Ron, and Bev had booked for snorkeling, and that was canceled, which was a shame.  I, however, had booked for encountering dolphins, which took place at Dolphninaris, which houses about seven outdoor pools - so that went ahead as planned.  This was my first time up close and personal with dolphins, and it was awesome! My group got to observe, stroke, hold and kiss a dolphin - and yes, I bought the video of my experience.  After that part of the day, I walked towards downtown Cozumel, but didn't find much of anything - just one huge, two-storey grocery store and a few souvenir shops - and another cruise ship dock with the expected tourist trap of stores around it.  I would have liked to have found where the real locals live, but I guess I'd have to go further inland to have any luck there.
Awesome sight!

Dolphinaris

A group waiting for the dolphins

So cute
                                       


                                          


Performing
"Dancing" with a dolphin
                                     


So soft!
                                     


                                      


Searching for the "real" Cozumel

Lots of unkempt, burnt out areas like this one

Boring . . .

. . . and more

In front of an (obviously tourist) hotel

Motorcycles for rent

Waves crashing against the docks 

Our ship, next to "Allure of the Seas", which is much bigger!

Cozumel from the sea

. . . and again

No comments:

Post a Comment