Thursday 14 February 2013

February 13th:  Our Moody Choir lead the Ash Wednesday service tonight - very sobering but fulfilling experience - included imposition of ashes - and an interesting interpretation of "I Want to be a Christian", featuring Tracy  as soloist with the choir echoing with whatever harmonies we wanted to contribute.
Last Thursday, I came down with a nasty upper respiratory flu - lay low until Monday, which was the first day I didn't have a temp over 100 F.  Monday, Susan and Joan took me to a clinic, where the doctor said I had bronchitis and gave me two antiobiotics (one with a corticosteroid) and a cough syrup with codeine.  Tuesday and Wednesday I felt wonky and drugged out - but rehearsed for the Valentine's Day dinner "concert".  Rob and I are MCing and singing two duets (Some Enchanted Evening and Get Me to the Church on Time).  At least I seem to be able to make sound, although not very loverly!

No comments:

Post a Comment