Saturday 19 October 2013

Saturday, October 19, 2013:  On the road again!!  I arrived in Toronto Wednesday, after taking the scenic route (Hwy 7) thanks to Samantha, my GPS lady - I wasn't paying attention, just following her directions, and by the time I realized that the 401 was getting further away, it wasn't worth it to turn around - and anyhow, I was in no hurry, just enjoying the drive. I hoped to see lots of leaf colour, but was quite disappointed - lots of grey with splotches of colour here and there.  I guess that's the down side of no real frost yet!
 Truck stop near Trenton - probably the prettiest colour display of the whole trip!
As seen through my windshield

It's  not really easy to hold a camera while driving an RV



 I spent most of yesterday trying to get into this blog so that I could post!  Maybe today most of the other people in this park are not on the internet - hope that I can actually post this - there's an error message popping up already . . . So - for those of you who have been looking for new posts - it's not my fault!!  Very frustrating . . .
Thursday was awesome - spent time with my son Bobby and his dog Barkley (picking him up from the vet in Guelph), then got to see Kara (she works far too much - rarely get to see her, so this was special!), then had lunch with Bobby and Julia in Marcatto's, the Italian restaurant where Julia works.  Wonderful day all around!  Tomorrow I'm going to the /Four Seasons' Centre to see a Benjamin Britten opera, Peter Grimes - then dinner with Julia and a friend - looking forward to that, too!


Kara and Barkley!

Bobby and Julia at Mercatto's

Awesome meal!

Nathan Phillips Square - home of the current Ai Weiwei sculpture

Really interesting sculpture - wish Carolyn could see it - maybe she has!






No comments:

Post a Comment