Monday 7 December 2015

December 1, 2015

Tuesday: a momentous day in many ways!  Good Sam agreed to tow me to Taylor's automotive in Dickinson (love those guys) and sent the same tow truck people to do this.  Well, half way there, as we turned on a green arrow off one highway onto another, my rv fell off the tow truck!  The women there told me that this just happens sometimes . . . One of the guys was in the rv at the time - must have been a shock for him!  They put it back on and when we got to Taylor's, as they pulled into the drive, it fell off again!  This time, everyone at the garage heard and/or saw this happen - lots of witnesses.  After they parked my rv around the back, I noted that the  bumper was missing!  The driver said that, yes, it had come off - just call him after I was finished at the garage and he would come and put it back on.  After he left, one of the women at Taylor's went inside my rv to look at it and told me that the bumper was broken in half!  Needless to say, I didn't call the driver to "put it back on"! Taylor's found the problem with my rv: a belt had broken, triggering the drive shaft sensor and causing my motor to stop.  They fixed it for $500 (way less than I feared) and by 2:30 I was on my way to Galveston! I put in a call to Good Sam and they're starting a claim for me - they should call me back some time next week.  In the meantime, I'm missing a licence plate on the front - I screwed it off the bumper and put it in the window, since in Texas you are supposed to have a plate on both ends.  Actually, it's not exactly the bumper - it's the plastic thing that attaches to the bumper and holds the licence plate.  There's probably a more technical name for it . . .
Driving onto Seawall Blvd. gave me the same old surge of well-being that it always does - the ocean!!!  I'm now set up in my old site at Jamaica Beach RV Park - and the oleanders in the bush next to my rv are still in bloom!

My poor broken bumper - and dented actual bumper, too!

They also dragged my bicycle holder along the cement - at least it didn't break or drop my bike!


Frank Taylor has won all kinds of racing awards

The shop cutie!

Another dent

Good old Jamaica Beach site!






2 comments: