Wednesday 6 April 2016

April 4th,2016

This weekend I spent at Luanne's again - we went to see the rock musical Tommy, put on by a local theatre company, ETC (East-end Theatre Company).  This was the first time I had ever seen the musical, and I enjoyed it immensely, despite having real difficulty understanding the words to a lot of the songs.  Hope that hearing aids are going to help with my hearing issues, but I do think that enunciation was an issue, too.
On Sunday, I said goodbye to the Moody Methodist Choir - sigh - and then Luanne and I went out to Moody Gardens for lunch and then just sat in the sun by the bay, watching the riverboat and enjoying the environment!
Monday, I finally got my rv repaired from the December fiasco with the towing company! The insurance cheque arrived last week, and I went to Tomcat's Autobody Shop, where the owner put a shiny new bumper on the front - looks awesome!  Although the cheque was short $200 from the estimate, they left a little dent in the side of the frame and just accepted the cheque as is! At noon, Luanne and I went for an oyster lunch one more time at Gilhooley's - love that place! In the afternoon, we drove out to the beach in the west end and were privileged to catch the Elyssa, out for its annual sail! We brought lawn chairs and just basked in the sun until the wind made us cold and drove us away.  That evening, I said goodbye to the Galveston College Choir - Mike has said that he will give the Christmas concert music to Donna to forward to me, so that I can sing with the choir in December! Not sure that he'll be so keen in the fall, but it sure sounds good to me - especially since I'll be leaving earlier next year, in order to bank time for Alaska.


ETC theatre on the Strand

Luanne and I

Moody Gardens


The paddleboat

Gilhooley's outdoor dining room

Fried oysters and mushrooms - yum!


For the second time, we drove right past Gilhooley's and had to backtrack. Definitely meant for locals!

The Elyssa in all its glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment