Thursday 9 June 2016

April 27th to May 31st, 2016

Back to my friend Sue-Jane's house in Ottawa! It's always great to see Sue-Jane and Judi, and to get back to choir and church at Glebe-St. James - I got back in time for two Thursday choir practices and one Saturday practice for the massed choir event at Cityview United - which was awesome. Also great to be back at Judy's for craft day, and back to Scrabble Fridays at the church.
On May 1st, I moved to Hither Hills RV Park, down Bank Street from Sue-Jane's house - I had booked this site in September,  Didn't work out - no wifi there - really, this is a park for people to come to for holidays - definitely not a community - no place for people to congregate. Mainly, though - no wifi!  I do everything online, so that's a deal breaker for me! In the end, I moved back to Sue-Jane's house June 2. Now I'm plugged into her hydro and am parked in her driveway - for me, this is soo the best of both worlds - I get to be with my good friends and still sleep in my own bed and be in my own home!
On May 5th, I took Pat to Almonte where we had lunch, visited  a couple of yarn stores, and walked along the river - gorgeous spot!!
Also starting to deal with the damage done to my RV in Kentucky.  Because of the wonky relationship between my GPS and the road signs, at one stage I had to do a u-turn and ended up turning around in a parking lot, where I hit a post with the back passenger side of my RV, bashing in the two back compartment doors. I've contacted the insurance company, and they sent an appraiser, I have the estimate, and will be getting the repairs done in Chesterville in July.

Quilt in Judy's house

Our tea table!


Damage to the back compartment door

Hither Hills site

Downtown Almonte


Pat 

In the tea shop

Beautiful spot by the river







Quilt show at the RV Centre with Judy











Susan Burns' amazing handsewn quilt

Canterbury Trebles performing in Glebe-St. James sanctuary


My crocheted pieces arranged for afghan

Damage to both compartments

backyard at Sue-Jane's house

\Judy's cat

The Great Glebe Garage Sale






No comments:

Post a Comment