Tuesday 17 February 2015

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Mardi Gras!!  For the past few days, I've been a bit under the weather - little respiratory thing happening - so I stayed inside Thursday and Friday - missed the umbrella parade Friday and staying at Luanne's, then going to the white Catholic church across from her house Sunday morning - darn!  I did go to the park's Mardi Gras celebration - Ron and Dora parked their rv on the seawall on Friday, then we all brought our lawn chairs and sat along the road in front of it and watched the parade in the afternoon (I didn't stay for the evening one, since I didn't actually feel all that well).  Nate grilled beef and chicken and Dora (with the help of some food from us) laid out a huge spread of food on tables behind the big grill.  As usual, lots of fun was had by all!

Can't resist any opportunity to photograph the ocean!

The Seawall in all its glory!

Charlie, Phyllis, and Connie

Connie and I



High schools are required to have marching bands!























Ron (in blue), Gary in white

The food table!

Ashley in pink with blond wig

The beads I managed to catch!

No comments:

Post a Comment