Tuesday 17 February 2015

Tuesday, February 10th, 2015

Tuesday - Today we did a bunch of stuff!  I wanted to show Julia my beautiful island and the places I like and she might be interested in - so we drove around the park quickly - and of course got stopped by a few people for intros!  Then we drove around the beach, to look at the ocean; then around the tree sculpture route - my favourite is the teacher sitting on a chair, reading to children, as the contents of her book gather around her head!  Julia got to play in the playground next to that sculpture . . .
We had lunch with Luanne at the Sunflower Cafe, which I really like, then went up to the Pleasure Pier, only to discover that it`s closed - only open on the weekends! That was a disappointment, but Julia went down to the beach and walked and danced a bit, then came up to Murdock`s and bought some postcards.  We had dinner at the Saltgrass Grill with Susan and Vern (Joan`s brother). Joan was ill, so Julia didn`t get to meet her (sigh). Afterwards, we just drove back to the park and had a good soak in the hot tub.

My fave!



Public playground right next to the sculptures


My daughter, the climbing kid




Wheeee!!

Memorial to the trees lost in Ike

New to me and really cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment