Thursday 1 September 2016

June 14, 2016





RV repairs:  That parking lot scrape, which made my two back compartment doors impossible to open, became a big deal.
 [|Sidebar:  while I was in Kentucky, I had to do a u-turn, and scraped my back two doors on the driver's side on a pole in a parking lot which I thought had a circular drive, but which actually had a circular drive-through!]
While I was parked at Hither Hills, my insurance company sent an adjustor, I got his estimate ($7000 to put on new doors, side panel, and bumper - all to be paid by my  insurance company - plus covering the expense of me staying in a hotel while my rv is in the shop! Since Glendale has been out of business since 2008, getting replacement doors and panelling was a challenge. The adjustor recommended Chesterville, since they can do all the work, as opposed to Ottawa shops which would have to send out for painting, etc. The guy in Chesterville was awesome; I spent a week at the Ottawa Travelodge, making use of their pool and spa; my rv is as good as new - except for the missing decal parts and level indicator.

Before . . . 

.. .  and before

Hither Hills

Hither Hills





After!!

No comments:

Post a Comment