Monday 30 July 2018

July 1st to 16th

Canada Day went on without me this year - I really did nothing . . .  This brutal heat wave is really sapping my energy.  In fact, I've been spending a whole lot of time in Sue-Jane's air-conditioned house!  Managed to get to Bayshore and buy a pair of Fitflop sandals which I'll be wearing fulltime - hopefully they will continue to live up to the wonderful comfort of the pair I bought in Courtney (thanks to Elaine, who introduced me to them); got my tanks emptied at the Filtration Plant, preparatory to leaving on Tuesday; a couple of nice Sunday services at Southminster;  lovely dinner at Donna-Fay's house; absolutely stunning Rutter concert at Dominion Chalmers Church (I took Tony with me, which was a great choice, since he really enjoyed it too) featuring The Magnificat, we well as other Rutter pieces, all directed by Rutter himself!!  This Ottawa jaunt ended up with a birthday dinner for Sue-Jane!

Dominion Chalmers United Church - soon to be the property of Carleton University

John Rutter!!


Ruth brought balloons to the party!



66 and full speed ahead!









No comments:

Post a Comment