Tuesday 10 July 2018

May 8th to 12th

Off to Medicine Hat, where I parked in the Costco parking lot and got to spend the day with Lorna and Andre Berube - great visit, lots of great chats - and of course awesome food!  I love talking with Lorna - we never run out of things to say!
Then, a flying run across Saskatchewan, Manitoba, North Dakota, Minnesota, through Sault Ste. Marie, to Toronto. Honestly, most of this trip is a blur - I was just trying to 1. get back into Ontario, so that I can leave earlier in October and avoid driving through the mountains in the snow and 2. get back to Glebe St. James in time to sing with Robert Palmai one more time!
Interesting time at the American border, though - the guard came in to check my fridge (confiscated my bag of lemons, which I'd forgotten), and spotted my container of hemp hearts.  He asked me if I had any other THC products in my rv - and I just couldn't help but laugh!  I guess that was the wrong thing to do, because I had to back into their garage and wait in the waiting room while they searched my rv.  In the end, the guard gave me back my hemp hearts and told me that there was no THC in them.  It was all pretty entertaining, really, and took up about half an hour of my time.
From Sault Ste. Marie, I drove to Parry Sound, where I stayed in a Walmart parking lot and got my hair cut - then off to Barrie, where I stayed in an rv park to rest and dump and fill my holding tanks, before heading off to Toronto to see Julia.

Sunset in Medicine Hat, Alberta

Walmart parking lot in Chilliwack, B.C.


Passing by Sudbury!







Walmart in Parry Sound, Ontario

Angelina Joli lips - the aftermath of the curry in the Thai dish I ate in Calgary - definitely allergic to turmeric!

Barry RV park - my chance to dump and fill my tanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment