Tuesday 16 October 2018

October, 2018

Started the journey west - first stop, Sudbury.  Rain, wind, snow for the next few days!  Unfortunately, with the driving rain, somehow the rain got into the basement, where I had packed all nine of Gregory's boxes!  At Thunder Bay, I bought three Rubbermaid boxes and put the wettest boxes into them!  When I finally reached Didsbury, we discovered that the boxes on the inside part of the basement weren't wet - just the ones nearest the driver's side, which is where the wind was driving the rain!  Thank goodness, Gregory says those were just the dvds, books, and games that he was planning to keep for himself - as opposed to the ones he was planning to sell online for big bucks!
Wonderful Thanksgiving dinner at Anna's parents' house in Didsbury - Diane warmed up turkey and all the trimmings for me - and it was delicious!
Gracie is an absolute doll - and I got lots of playtime with her, which was so delightful!!!
One day, as Anna and I sat in the living room, I looked out the window and saw a moose walking down the sidewalk!! It was a mom with a baby, and they both strolled through the neighbour's back yard and off across the field in the back!!

Sudbury - Walmart parking lot

Wet, wet, wet

Rain . . . 

Wawa truck stop!

Respite from the rain, on the way to Thunder Bay


Lots and lots of road stops for one lane driving.  This guy saw me taking pictures and actually posed!

A lot of spectacular scenery, too - between rain and snow!







Gracie at last!!

The doting cousins and Diane!





Moose!!






Mom and baby!




Yep - it snowed while I was there in Didsbury!


Through the rockies



Husky truckstop in Golden

Lots of these tunnels through the mountains.









And waiting for the Tsawwassen Ferry to Vancouver Island





Cape Lazo RV Park, Comox, B.C.!!

Path to the beach

Familiar territory!





Seaweed!

The park is quite full - they told me I got the last available spot!



No comments:

Post a Comment