Tuesday 21 July 2020

May 20th, 2020

Today I went to the rhodo garden beside the Kayak Club next to the Air Park.  Truly spectacular flowers!  This is the first time I've been here this late - usually I'm gone by the end of April.
 phoned OHIP a week or so ago, just to check on my status - and they informed me that I'm kicked off! I really can't be without any health insurance at all, so I went down to ICBC to apply for BC health insurance. There I was informed that, in order to qualify, I have to be a BC resident; so I signed the forms, applied for a BC driver's licence, and officially changed my residency! The red tape is unbelievable - I have a list of fifty - count 'em - 50 things I have to change:  CRA, CPP, OAS, TPP, OTIP, bank, credit cards, ereaders, PAR at the church, funeral package, 4 Pillars, trustees, Scene card, Optimum card, etc., etc.!! I actually have to sell my RV from my Ontario self to my BC self, in order to change my ownership address and get BC licence plates!
Luckily, I love it here and had been contemplating making this my home base - so it was the right decision to make. I really do feel at home here - and  even feel appreciated by people here, which is amazing!

























No comments:

Post a Comment