Wednesday 22 April 2015

Monday, April 13 to Wednesday, April 15, 2015


Last night, I stayed in Frankenmuth - not far from the Michigan border at Port Huron. Lovely campsite - wish I had had some time to explore, as Frankenmuth is well known as an interesting historical place - but at least I had time this morning to swim in the pool and soak in the hot tub!
Crossing the border was anti-climactic, to say the least!  After all that talk about the new agreement between the US and Canada, and questions about how long I should be staying and whether or not I had to fill out that expensive IRS form, I got a woman border guard who asked me how long I'd been in the States, my licence #, whether or not I had any tobacco, alcohol, or firearms - and then waved me through!  Took all of about two minutes, max!
A short three hour drive later, I pulled into St. Thomas and parked my rv behind Jim and MaryLee's house.  I always feel like I can just kick back and relax there - those two friends make me feel so welcome, and they're so laid back - never any pressure, just good talks and laughs and easy living! I had a short visit - just Monday evening and all day Tuesday, really - neecded to get back to Ottawa in time for Thursday choir practice, so I left early Wednesday morning.
Man. that trip on the the 401 through Toronto to Ottawa is boring!  I guess that I've done it sooo many times that even the things that might have been a tiny bit interesting are totally boring now.It's aways a little weird to drive back into Ottawa - good to park at my friend Sue-Jane's house, though.  We went out for Dim Sum at our cool little chinese restaurant on Somerset Street, which was awesome.  Luanne would have loved the food there.

Jellystone RV Park, Frankenmuth, Michigan - pool & spa to the left




Awesome quilt MaryLee has!

So interesting - have to show this to Judy W.!


Sue-Jane's house with its huuuge driveway!

Judy's car, my car, my rv - Sue-Jane is at work, so her car is missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment