Saturday 6 June 2015

May 24th - 30th

Sunday afternoon I attended the last Canterbury Trebles' concert to be directed by Robert Palmai!  He's handing over the baton to James Caswell and will be accompanying, but not directing.  Susan is pretty pleased at the thought of free Saturdays!! The concert was superb - so glad I was here for it!  I've missed their Christmas concerts, since I've been in Texas during the winters.  Wednesday I committed myself to monthly payments on a funeral preplan!

 Thursday I moved my rv to Golden Lake (Judy drove behind me and took me back to Ottawa after I got set up).

 That evening I attended a Laurentian High School Reunion, organized by Micheline, of course, and raising money for Brian Arden, who was an EA at Laurentian and is now battling cancer and trying to support his family at the same time.  He's a wonderful man - always smiling, great with the kids, incredibly responsible, always super supportive - we raised about $5400 that evening, hopefully with more to come through the internet request.

Glebe St. James United Church!

James at the organ - notice the organ pipes, painted blue by Frances McPhail

Susan and Robert

Our hymnals

Combined Canterbury Trebles and Cantiamo Girls Choir





Susan



Teresa Burnett-Cole

Skylight above the sanctuary

Susan and Robert


Oved!



Sherry and Oved - omg he's grown!!!

The view from the window of The Sands restaurant

Judy by that window


Lyne and Brian at the LHS Reunion


Deb and Brian

Barb's speech

Micheline


Barb and Bill

Golden Lake!





No comments:

Post a Comment