Saturday 28 November 2015

November 11th - 24h

For me, this was a return visit to Triple Creek Music RV Park in Woodville, Texas.  I was here last year for Thanksgiving week, and suggested to Rob and Helen that we meet here - for two weeks, which was awesome!  For one week, they went off on a timeshare to Mazatlan and their friend Char and I hung out - which was particularly cool because I got to drive their Jeep Wrangler while they were gone.  In order to get to the park, one has to drive down the 3.5 mile dirt track - there's even a tshirt that says "I survived the road to Triple Creek Music RV Park"!  We attended a few potluck dinners there, and Rob and I joined in on the jam sessions one evening - struggling to keep anywhere near up - but it was fun.  After the three of them left for Baytown, I went to a jam session on my own - met another Canadian from Haliburton and played and sang a bit of Gordon Lightfoot - very cool! We also visited the Heritage Village just outside Woodville, where buildings have been relocated to form a historical site.




Outdoor gazebo where musicians gather in the summertime.


Inside Helen and Rob's new rig

We went to church on Sunday in Woodville - lovely, welcoming congregation


Sophie - the Boss!

Mia


Schoolhouse in the Heritage Museum - Char getting ready to wear the Dunce cap

The train building had electric trains on tracks everywhere - around the ceiling, on stands

This guy gets to play with trains all day!

Little church in the Heritage Village



Char behind bars . . . 

Barber shop

Old carriages

Restaurant on the site - used to be a schoolhouse

Scene along the dirt track - Char and I tried to get pictures of the wedge-tailed hawks which were out in great numbers!

At the end of the dirt track!

Helen in the Heritage Village store!

The difference between my rig and the Ranch 2!

Helen and Jack

Helen and Sophie



No comments:

Post a Comment