Wednesday 4 November 2015

November 2nd to 4th

Loooong drive today - 10 hours behind the wheel - possibly a record for me!  Didn't actually feel that long - included border crossing.  I crossed at Port Huron - really a lovely place to cross - not much of a lineup, pleasant border guard, very quick process!  I had planned to aim for Singing Hills RV park in Kentucky and stop at a Walmart if I got too tired before arriving there - but I made it the whole way and was very glad to pull through the lit up wagon wheels and receive a lovely welcome from Beth, who remembered me from last year and two years before that!  How awesome to actually be recognized by her!  This is a Passport America park, so it cost me $33 for two nights - can't beat that!  This time, Beth put me right beside the pond - an absolutely awesome spot - and it's a wrench to be thinking of leaving this morning!  What a beautiful, sunny day it is here - everybody's wearing shorts and tank tops.  Ontario is apparently experiencing a heat wave, too - but it's pretty cool to be in Kentucky!! Had a really relaxing day yesterday, just wandering around the pond, sitting in the sun and reading, etc.  This morning, I'm off to Nashville to see if I can find Jen and her husband!

Little bridge beside the pond

There she is!

And the pond!



Almost Old Mother Willow - ish!  (Remember the movie Pocohantas?)

1 comment: