Saturday 20 February 2016

February 13, 2016

Today was our Valentine's Day dinner, prepared and served by Dora and co.!  We've been preparing for our pre-dinner concert for a number of weeks now - script by Joan, programming from years past and with input from Susan, Greg, Tim, Joan, and I.  Tim provided the sound system (well, the experise was his, most of the actual equipment was bought by Ron); Greg sang "Love Me Tender"; I sang "Could I Have this Dance?"; all three of us narrated; Susan played "My Funny Valentine", "Memories", and "When the Saints Go Marching In"' as well as accompanying us on the three singalong songs - Susan was, for 40 years, the Principal Trumpet of the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra - and man, can she make that trumpet speak!!  Since I was involved, I got no pictures of the concert - just one of the tables all decorated before the event.


No comments:

Post a Comment