Saturday 20 February 2016

Wednesday, February 10th, 2016

Houston RV show today:  Ron drove a vanload of us to Houston for the RV show - today is coupon day (buy one, get one free) and we all have coupons, so we're off!  We left at 11:15 a.m., had lunch at Burger King at noon, parked in the parkiing lot of the NRG Center, and got into the show around 1:00 p.m.  The first hour and a half I found very interesting - lots of vendors advertizing parts or accessories or campsites. I did look into a number of motorhomes - I'm looking at the Thor Axis Class A - really cool layout - 25 1/2 feet long, so shorter than mine, which could mean easier parking - but the driver's and passenger's seats swivel around to join the living space, so really a bigger living area than I currently have in my 28 ' Class C.  No storage on the bunk bed, as it's a bed run on hydraulics; more storage in cupboards; an actual closet just by the bedroom; less exterior storage.  So it's a combination of good and not-so-good features.  I have to say, I'm appreciating more and more just how well constructed my RV is - I made a really good choice here!  If I won the lottery, I would buy a Thor Axis and have it custom designed for me!
The next hour and a half was totally boring - I sat and played with my phone for most of the time - Harold and Eileen sat down for a snack at a table, and I joined them for awhile. Ron planned to leave at 5:00 (he was committed to a booth until then) so I got a ride back with four people in a car. Today is Ash Wednesday, so I had to be at the church at 6:00 p.m. for choir rehearsal before the 6:30 service.  We left Houston at 4:00; I got to choir at 5:45 - rush hour traffic!

Love the swivelling chairs - would have to remove that "wall" behind the driver's seat, though.  Love the little table between the seats - and there's a computer fold-out table in front of the passenger seat, too.  You can't see the hydraulic bed in this shot - I should have moved the camera up slightly.  It's there, though!

Queen-sized walk-around bed - this is the one slide-out in this rv

Three cupboards - about the same size as the ones in my current rv.

Toilet, sink, shower in the same room - but slightly more cupboard space.

Lots of drawers - much more than I have currently.

The shelves can be taken out - note the bar - this could be an actual closet - something I'm missing!

Kitchen - again, lots of drawers - no oven, which is awesome - convection /  microwave oven

Eileen and I got light-up rings from one of the vendors.

Eileen and Harold

Seriously? In 2016 . . . 

Ambiance . . . 



No comments:

Post a Comment