Monday 27 February 2017

February 23rd, 2017

Last potluck for me!  Susan and Joan presented a "Salute to Veterans" program before the meal - I came to add to the singing - particularly of the Canadian national anthem, but also of the anthems / songs associated with the different sections of the American military.  Not that I actually knew them all, but I listened to youtube a bit and knew the general tune of many of them.  Dale Hudson mc-ed, with his booming voice - really a pleasure just to listen to him talking!  There are some very interesting people here whom I will miss!

Add caption

The salad / dessert table (the pool table at other times).


Susan and her trumpet

Joan at the sound system.

Gotcha, Stella!  My friend from Sarnia

Official park photographer - Connie Heinlin

Connie taking a photo of me taking a photo of her . . . 

One side of the program

Colleen Hudson - check out the earrings!  - and the shirt matching her husband's!

Dale and Dora - hard to get a picture of Dora not moving!

Even harder to get a pic of Ron holding still!

Dale

Vietnam Veterans being recognized - Galveston was played here

After potluck, Susan & Joan and I drove around the new area - check out this rv!

Daisy puts up with all this in the back seat of the rental car!

No comments:

Post a Comment