Wednesday 15 March 2017

March 1st, 2017

Left Galveston today by ferry - stopping for the night in a Walmart parking lot in Slidell, Louisianna. Not a great "On the road again" time this year. I'm leaving with a heavy heart, knowing that I won't be back, at least for some time . . . I've made some wonderful friends, met lots of awesome people, sung with two choirs, and seen lots of fabulous sights over the past five years, but I can't justify spending six months out of a year tacitly supporting a regime whose values and morals I absolutely despise! Too many people I care about are hurting, and too many Americans I know are in potentially tenuous positions - some because of health care issues, others for religious or social reasons. As a Canadian, about the only thing I can do is leave - much as I hate to give up the community here in Texas. End of rant!

These birds are expecting more, since I already fed them the last of Susan and Joan's stale bread!




Last view of the concrete ship.


Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment