Wednesday 15 March 2017

March 9th - 11th, 2017

Thursday:  made my way to a Toronto Walmart parking lot relatively close to Julia and Leon's place. Julia came and picked me up in the afternoon - we took the bus and subway to an Ethiopian restaurant, where we met Leon and had a very cool dinner!  Gluten-free, spongy kind of bread, which we used to pick up meat and vegetables from one big platter - tasty and fun to eat!  What a good time - love my daughter and her guy very much!  Forgot to take photos - damn!!!  No water in my rv - don't know if the pipes are frozen or the fresh water tank is empty - but the water pump won't turn over, either.
Friday:  - drove across Toronto to Whitby, to the Walmart just a few blocks from Bobby and Kara's house. Bobby picked me up around 5:30 and took me to his house, where I got to see the baby's room - all very classy silver and grey - they seem to be pretty well prepared, with lots of clothes, diapers, equipment . . .  Also got to meet Griffey - what a sweetie -bursting with personality and dying to play!  Bobby and I had lasagna for dinner, then got to see Kara when she got home from dinner with her co-workers. She looks absolutely awesome!!
Saturday:  Last night was touch and go - generator wouldn't start, propane registering on empty, no water - woke up at 3:30 a.m. with no heat - had to run the motor for 3 hours to keep the furnace running.  Not sure how much propane fumes I have left - can't stay here another night - will have to move to Napanee tonight, to a Flying J which sells propane. Meanwhile, awesome lunch with Bobby and Kara at Panera's - yummy soup and salad.  Got back to my rv around 2:00 and headed out.  Got to Napanee around 4:00, filled up with propane and gas, generator is working again, succeeded in dumping my grey tank, dinner at Denny's - life is heading back into the bearable range again. I'm going to skip Cheryl's house this time - she texted me to say that the temperature there is supposed to be -22 Sunday night - so I'm not going to chance freezing my pipes (more).

Griffey really doesn't hold still much!

The side view!

Parents-to-be!

A bone - finally still.

Whitby Walmart


Diaper cake from Kara's colleagues!

No comments:

Post a Comment