Friday 19 April 2013

Friday, April 19th, 2013: So . . . this morning I packed up a suitcase and laptop and iPad and ereader (holy electronics, Batwoman) and got picked up by Enterprise Car Rentals; rented a Ford Fiesta and moved into a room at the Country Hearth Inn in Toccoa.  This is actually a lovely little town - I drove around it a bit, just checking it out.  Population 9.000, lots of small businesses.  I've gotten recommendations from Jan and Clay at Enterprise, as well as the hotel desk man - so tomorrow I'll visit Toccoa Falls, which is apparently very impressive.  Sunday, I'll go to the Toccoa First United Methodist Church, then check out of the hotel, go visit Talullah Falls and then check into the Days Inn in Clayton, which is supposed to be a really nice nearby town.  On Monday, I plan to go visit Helen, a particularly noteworthy town, I'm told.
This is a great room - no tilt, no need to save water - actually going to have a shower soon! - no broken glass outside the door - and even a tv.  Nothing like the withdrawal of simple amenities to make one appreciate them when they're brought back!
Feels good to be free and travelling again!

No comments:

Post a Comment