Monday 15 April 2013

Monday, April 15th, 2013

Monday, April 15th: Day Two of my journey back to Canada.  Google Maps told me that this leg (from Duson, Louisiana to Montgomery, Alabama) would take five and a half hours;  it took seven and a half.  I started getting sleepy around the five hour mark - stopped at six hours and had a roast beef burger and onion rings at Arbys - which helped for awhile (until the wheat effect kicked in). Such a shame, driving through beautiful, interesting countryside in Louisiana and Mississippi, but not being able to stop and/or stare - one downside to driving alone. Many fascinating bridges - like the one over the mighty Mississipi!  I did take a few photos, awkwardly, through the windshield as I was driving.  Wish I had time to spend here in Montgomery - I'm really interested in Alabama and would love to see some of the sights. Ah well, gotta focus on seeing my kids this weekend - they're worth it!!
Tomorrow, I plan to get to Charlotte, North Carolina - a seven and a half hour drive, according to Google Maps (that was supposed to be my longest stretch). Wonder how long it'll actually take - better get up a bit earlier tomorrow morning!

Louisiana - or Mississippi - too tired to remember!  Lots of rivers, swamps, lakes,  - water in general!

Swamp, believe it or not!



One of the many cool bridges

Look carefully and you'll see the water between the two highways, way up ahead



Lots of lush vegetation, dripping with vines.


No comments:

Post a Comment