Thursday 5 March 2015

March 4, 2015

Wednesday:  Took my rig to Ron Hoover's RV place today - it's basically an RV park with a garage, rather than a garage with an rv park behind it . . . I was very happy with the work they did on my rig - put in a new coach battery, so now the fridge can operate on propane when not hooked up to a/c; bored out and replaced the latch on the shower door, so that it closes and latches really easily, and now I won't have to slam it repeatedly preparatory to driving; replaced the valve on the grey tank so that I will no longer have to use pliers to open and shut it.  They actually listened to what I wanted and did exactly as I directed - a change from Dues, which appears to espouse the "stupid woman" philosophy.
Since my rv was ready to roll by 1:30, I went to the Tanger Outlet Mall (didn't find what I was looking for, but oh well), got a haircut at Walmart, and ordered glasses from the highly recommended optician on 22nd Street - this was fun, partly because it's right downtown and I had to park my 28' motorhome between two cars and then choose one of the three spaces to pay for parking in - and partly because the guy who waited on me used to teach high school English in Seattle!  We had a great conversation about our education systems, and he spent quite a while fitting me with frames and lenses.  They'll be ready in about two weeks.
From there, I stopped by the seawall to admire the foggy ocean, then drove to church for choir practice, then home to hook up and go to bed!




2 comments:

  1. Looks ominous. So what type of frames did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cool - quite plain, dark grey with a bit of detail - cost almost as much as in Ottawa just a few hundred $$$ cheaper.

    ReplyDelete