Tuesday 10 March 2015

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Saturday:  Susan, Joan and Daisy left yesterday - sad to see them go - hope the weather holds for them as they travel back to Missouri!
Today, I drove my rig to the church parking lot for 10:15, where I was picked up by Donna's friend Michael and her mother Nicky.  We drove to Texas City, to ShyKatz restaurant, for Donna's Alice in Wonderland birthday teaparty!  What a blast!  Donna has an Alice in Wonderland teaset - and we played word games and had a wonderful time!  Most people dressed in some sort of appropriate attire - I got rid of sooo much when I downsized, that I just don't have a lot of clothing options anymore - and I've gained so much weight here in Texas that even the options I have are limited . . .
After the teaparty, I drove my rig over to Luanne's house, where I parked in the street in front of her house - she had talked to all her neighbours, who agreed that I could park there!  We went to the Grand Theatre in the evening to see The Great Gatsby - performed by a Montana theatre group.  Gatsby himself was not great - looked too old, not dashing, rather stiff, a bit bowlegged (as Luanne pointed out); Daisy was very good - very over the top acting, which was appropriate; Nick was really pretty good - quite flexible and laid back; the other actors were okay.  I enjoyed it a lot - nice to see live theatre for a change!  And really, for an amateur production, I thought they did a good job!

The teatable in the back room at ShyKatz, with Donna presiding!

Hat options

The candles on the cake slices were those eternally lit ones that kept relighting - what a hoot!

THE coolest teaset!


Donna's mom Nicky - and the cucumber sandwiches!

Donna's friend Kathy and the man for whom she is a caregiver - I think Bob . . . 

Another Kathy - co-owner of ShyKatz

Donna in all her glory!  What a gorgeous person!

One of Donna's bd gifts - a lovely little china teaset - she says for expresso!!

The devilish duo


Kathy, Donna, Nicky, and Michael



Michael with two hats!

No comments:

Post a Comment