Saturday 2 January 2016

December 15, 2015

Sunday was the culmination of  - well - two rehearsals of Michael Burkhardt's Savior of the Nations, Come. (I wasn't here for the other rehearsals.)  My Moody Methodist choir sang this Hymn Festival - a compilation of Advent/Christmas hymns with readings from the writings of Dietrich Bonhoeffer.  It went off very well and was fun to sing!  At yesterday's rehearsal, I got a rare photo of Tracy Shirk (my choir director) positioned right behind the angel on the altar, so it looks as though wings are sprouting from his shoulders!  Pretty cool. 
Sunday evening I attended the Galveston College Choir's Christmas concert.  They sang The Messiah, and my friend, Donna Heinrich, had a solo in it, which was awesome!  Monday evening, I attended a singalong of the Messiah and am thinking quite seriously about joining this choir.  I spoke to the director, and he would be okay with me coming to practices, even though I won't be here for their concert in May.  I sure miss having a car - joining this choir means committing to driving my RV into town once a week.  My goal has always been to get my rig to the point where getting the inside to driving condition would take only ten minutes or so, and I'm almost there - probably about twenty minutes at this point.  Still need to get rid of stuff, although I'm getting much better at not accumulating more!  Unhooking the outside takes very little time anymore. I'm really pretty portable - if we had another Ike, I'd certainly be one of the first rigs out of the park!!

Angelic Tracy!


Sunset after rain!


Our two ducks are loving this!

Cool double rainbow - always impossible to catch in a photo!


Galveston College Choir Christmas Concert - at Moody



From the second floor of the clubhouse at JBRV

Swimming pool - and the horizon, overlooking the bay dividing the island from the mainland

Beside my site

Ron going to work on his baby - the vintage trailer which he's turning into a food stand!



The mini golf course

Almost fitting into a parking space at Galveston College!


Choir and audience milling aroiund

My friend Donna Heinrich

No comments:

Post a Comment