Saturday 2 January 2016

December 16th to 19th,. 2015

Dora drove a bunch of us to Moody Gardens to see the 3D production of Jerusalem at the iMax there - it was very, very well done - really gave us the feeling of walking through the different sectors of the city - narrated by three different women - Christian, Jewish and Muslim.

I had to take my rig into town on the 18th to get an estimate for the damage to my bumper - got that done in about twenty minutes, so I decided to treat myself to a haircut and a pedicure - the customer in the chair next to me persuaded me to go for the more luxurious pedicure, involving hot stones and leg massages - incredible!! Sent the estimate off to the insurance company and now am waiting for the next step. That evening was the Gift Exchange at the Park - very funny - everyone wraps up a gift under $20 and the first person chooses one, and everyone after that has the option of stealing someone else's gift or choosing a new one.  I ended up with a selfie stick and a power charger for my cell phone.  Hmmm - actually useful for me . . .

 Luanne and I drove to the west end of the island to explore - had lunch in the outdoor part of a cafe right on the Gulf - incredible pleasure - then explored Crystal Beach, a community on the other side of the toll bridge.  The toll part is hilarious - it consists of a little Tupperware container that you put your money in for the guy in the kiosk to collect - low tech at its finest!


Moody Gardens - entrance

Part of the Festival of  Lights - but unlit!


Moody Gardens Christmas tree - consisting of pots of poinsettas all piled up in the shape of a tree

Eileen

Faith Hoagland

Linda


Pedicure!

Ahhhhhh

Gift Exchange in the clubhouse


My gifts at the end - after having two others stolen from me!


Cafe by the ocean



West end architecture!



Driving in the beach



Still not recovered from Ike!


FEMA trailer (Federal Emergency Management Agency) - as used in lots of disaster relief projects for families who have lost their homes.  The government sold a lot of these trailers afterwards. Louisiana and Mississippi have lots of these trailers, in the aftermath of Katrina.

Really? A house with no windows on three sides (except for the small one there on one side)

Now there's a handicapped ramp! 


The redneck version of decorating - putting a piece of lattice in front of your tire to disguise it . . . 

The toll bridge .. . 

Tupperware container to put your money in . . . 


Cool hang gliders with motors attached

Coming in for a landing on the beach


No comments:

Post a Comment