Friday 11 November 2016

November 1 - 2, 2016

On the road once more - still a great feeling to be driving my rv - still get that rush of freedom and excitement at being self-contained and going somewhere! Crossed the border at Ogdensburg - easiest crossing yet!  The border guard asked me if I had any food to declare, if I had any tobacco or firearms, and if I owned my vehicle - then told me to have a nice day and waved me on!  I got to Syracuse in under four hours, parked in the Camping World lot - no hookups available - they were all in use already, mainly for used rvs which had been delivered for sale. Didn't matter to me, however, since I have a working generator!! I finally bought a really good GPS - on sale in the store here - has the rv settings that I wanted - and a 7" screen, which is just fabulous!! There's a dump station here, which was just awesome, since it's been a week since I dumped in Ottawa - and I got to fill up with fresh water, too.  Bonus!  Wednesday, I drove to a Walmart in Mansfield, Ohio - where Cindy and her parents used to live.  Lots of memories there! I filled up with groceries here - very nice manager at Walmart, who was very welcoming - she said that her store is not keen on truckers, who sometimes leave some of the contents of their black tanks on the parking lot (ouch - really?), but they like rvers staying here.

Rest area on the way to Syracuse


Camping World, Syracuse, New York


No comments:

Post a Comment