Friday 11 November 2016

November 5 - 6, 2016

Saturday morning I drove the six and a half hours to North Little Rock, Arkansas to stay at the Riverside RV Park.  Unfortunately, they required me to pay cash in order to get the Passport America rate - and I had run out of american money - and I can't access my american bank account, since my new debit card is on the way to Galveston!  I tried to get cash from two different ATMs in gas stations on the way, but even my Canadian debit card was not accepted! Don't know what the problem is there - but since I really don't need to use that card, I should be okay, as long as the debit card reaches Jamaica Beach and works!!   I've been using my american dollar visa for gas all the way here, but had to pay cash at Singing Hills, too - thus using up all my american money. I got a 15% discount for Escapees' members, but it's not the same as the 50% for PA!  I must say, this park is certainly not wonderful!  Manager is just not particularly friendly - no chitchat at all, which is unusual for the rving community. I noticed this last year, too  Got up Sunday and attended church at the Friendly Chapel, which was a great experience, as usual.  Unfortunately, Donna and her husband were away at a wedding, but she had alerted Brother Paul (who took the service) of my presence, and he welcomed me during the service ("Is there someone here from Canada?") Donna and I had facebooked the day before.

The Friendly Chapel, Church of the Nazarene, North Little Rock, Arkansas

From the Riverside RV Park

Clinton Memorial Bridge, leading to the Clinton Presidential Library


No comments:

Post a Comment