Friday 11 November 2016

October 31, 2016

Last day in Canada for the next five months or so!  Hallowe'en was pretty low-key here, with very few kids (actually, two grouips only) coming to the door to trick or treat.  Judy is in Florida for a week; Sue-Jane is at her daughter's house, manning the door while the parents take the kids out. Earlier this afternoon, Sue-Jane helped me put my car to bed in her garage  I couldn't get the negative lead off the battery, so ended up detaching the positive one - not sure if this is a good or a bad idea!  The next door neighbour came to give unsolicited advice - told me I should take the battery right out.  I knew this - but have been detaching one lead for three years now and never had a problem starting the car on my return - so I ignored his advice - not sure how happy he was about that.  Anyway, that's pretty much the last thing I need to do, preparatory to taking off tomorrow morning.  It doesn't seem real this year - partly because the political climate in the U.S. makes me less keen on travelling there this year - partly because I've had a better time than usual in Ottawa this year - going off to the Maritimes with Rob, Helen, and Wilma this summer was very uplifting - and of course, there's that absolutely momentous news I can't share here until I'm told I can . . .

My experiment in crocheting around clothesline wire - a bit weird . . . 

And the basket craze contines!

Athans backyard beauties


No comments:

Post a Comment