Friday 17 August 2018

July 29th - 30th, 2018

Sunday, we went to the Georgian Shores United Church - it was fun to sing the familiar hymns here, especially with Rob's voice - haven't sung with him for a long time.  Really enjoyed the woman minister and her sermon, and had tea and goodies afterwards in the lounge.  As usual, we all spent lots of time chatting with local people, which is always cool!
Monday, Rob put a new floor in my bedroom!  The first day in Owen Sound, in the Walmart parking lot, I went in to Walmart and then there was a torrential downpour - and my windows were open, so the passenger side of my bedroom carpet got soaked and started to smell a few days ago.  Rob got some wood for free from my neighbours - they had a bunch left over from a project - and by some  miracle, it matched my floor almost exactly!  He dismantled my bed, installed a new floor, and fixed the top of my underbed compartment, which has been wonky for a year or so.  I'm getting rid of the badly fitting memory foam mattress topper, which is very heavy and undoubtedly caused the problem in the first place! My next door neighbour, Josie, was very happy to take it for her grandson's bed.



Everything from my bedroom piled on top of everything else!!!

Starting off.

Tongue and groove




Brand new floor!


It shines!



No comments:

Post a Comment