Monday 2 March 2020

Tuesday, February 25th, 2020

Because I have a car this year, I'm able to get more involved in stuff here in Comox - and thanks to Barb, I've joined the Worship Committee and the Music Committee at Comox United, as well as singing in the choir and going to the Knitting Group on Mondays and going to "Coffee and Conversation" at the Comox Golf Club every second Tuesday. A few weeks ago, I googled the Church website to check on the time of some meeting - and discovered the last posting was December 29th, 2019! I went to the church secretary and asked who was in charge of the website, and discovered that it was Ross, an extremely active church member who was acting in the Have a Heart production - meaning that his life had pretty much moved into overdrive as of January - and he had no time for the website! Figuring that the best way to get something done is usually to do it yourself, I cornered Ross at church on Sunday (he sings in the choir, too) and volunteered to help out.  We met on Tuesday morning, he showed me the ropes, made me an administrator, and told me that he and his wife were going away for three weeks, starting that Saturday. So . . . I've spent a lot of hours since then getting a household list and a Who's Who from the church secretary, Lorna, phoning people to get write-ups of upcoming events, checking the Newsletter, posting events, figuring out how to edit and add stuff - and generally having a wonderful time!  I've asked Paul to send me a profile and photo for the Staff page, but he's another busy, busy individual, so I tried to get a good photo at a NICS rehearsal last Tuesday - didn't really succeed, but I should be able to find one somewhere - and it's kind of cool to have a photo of a rehearsal, anyway!









No comments:

Post a Comment