Friday 28 December 2018

Wednesday, December 19th, 2018

Three more rv parks explored today:  Seal Bay, Maple Pool, and Bates Beach.
Realized that Seal Bay is the park where I stayed briefly last year while en route to Jesse's house in Cumberland.  I'd just come from Alaska and was leaving my rig with Jesse while I flew back to Ottawa for four months (well, it was supposed to be two months, but then there was Robert's retirement).  Since I was on the island a day earlier than planned, I stayed at an rv park for two nights, then went on to Jesse's house.  [Interesting sidebar:  when I returned to my rv in January, I had two mice - the only time in 6 years that I've found mice in my rv - and the only time my rope lights have not been laid out around the perimetre. I guess those lights work!]  Anyway, Seal Bay was it!  Too far from anything to be practical for me, though. Nice park, but no clubhouse that I could see.  Maple Pool sounds so appealing, doesn't it?  If you looked up "trailer trash" in the dictionary, this rv park would be listed.  Old, dirty, badly maintained rvs - furniture, boxes, random articles on the lawns - smells like mould.  I drove all around it, but didn't stop long enough to take photos . . .   on to the next!  Bates Beach was right on the ocean, very, very small - not really much to recommend it, other than the staggering view - wow!  Also no easy access to groceries, etc.

Maybe I'll go to Nanaimo!



Bates Beach - lovely view of the ocean!

Maple Pool - ouch!


Maple Pool -  notice how close to each other the rvs are parked.


Also Maple Pool

Entrance to Seal Bay


Guess that's the Seal!

Coming into Seal Bay


No comments:

Post a Comment