Saturday 18 January 2020

January 11th - 18th, 2020

Snow! As predicted, this has been a week of snow!  On Sunday, I unhooked the water hose at both ends and turned off Barb's water tap; big dump of snow accompanied by wind on Wednesday - Barb and Ken had to cancel her trip to Victoria for a doctor's appointment (actually, they phoned her at 7:00 a.m. to say they were closed for the day); authorities are advised against any uneccessary travel due to snowy conditions. I've been in the house since Sunday - no water  in my rig and even the furnace can't get the heat up enough to be livable - double digit cold temps out there - very unusual for this area!  Thursday choir practice was canceled, so Ken drove Barb and I to the grocery store in his truck to get a few supplies.  On the hill, we encountered two guys in a car, stuck! They had to back into a spot on the edge of the road - couldn't get their car to go up the hill.  Friday evening, for the first time, a snow plow came down Curtis Road!  Rain started last night and will hopefully clear the roads for traffic tomorrow so that we can get to church - or Ken will drive us in his truck!  With any luck, I'll be back in my rv tonight!!

Barb's back yard

Woodpecker

Barb's front porch

The dogs are pretty much peeing on the porch!




Backyard

My rig


Lovely blanket crocheted by Barb years ago - I'd like to make one for myself one of these days - love this pattern!



The snow plow going by - definitely a red letter moment!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment