Friday 17 January 2020

September 11th, 2019

Stayed in the Costco at Redcliffe, in order to see my dear friend, Lorna. Lorna and Andre spent the winter at Jamaica Beach RV Park about six years ago, which is where we met!  We've been friends ever since - when she and Andre drove their RV to Quebec a number of years ago, they spent some time in Ottawa, visiting me - and now, on my way to Vancouver Island and back, I stop in to see them. Lorna is battling cancer - but that gorgeous smile and positive attitude are still in place!!
The Costco parking lot was completely empty - mine was the only vehicle there, which was a bit spooky at night!  My generator had quit completely, and the temp was around minus 10, so I got my down sleeping bag out of the basement, got into it, and then got under the covers in my bed. Made it through the night without freezing and drove off early the next morning to get warm!!






No comments:

Post a Comment