Wednesday 11 April 2018

April 2nd to 9th

Easter Monday: on the way back from knitting group, Jane and Bev took me down the street from the church to see The Little Red Church - yes, that's actually its name!  There's a small part of it that is/was a church, but the main part is a community hall - and it's surrounded by the most beautiful rhodos (look at me, picking up the lingo - "rhodos" for "rhododendrons").  Such beautiful vegetation around here - everything is popping out!  People have to be careful what they plant in their gardens - especially anyone who lives even a bit outside the main part of the town - because the deer are everywhere.  Apparently, they like tulips and hyacinths and a myriad of other garden flowers - so there are lots and lots of daffodils around, since the deer don't like to eat those! Barb, whose house is tucked away down a winding road amongst the trees and right next to the coast, also has rabbits around, so she has no garden at all . . .

I had just a bit of time for a short walk to the ocean - again.  Don't think I'll ever tire of that particular view!

The main focus of this particular time is the upcoming NICS concert on Friday and Saturday, April 13th and 14th.  We've had extra rehearsals on Sundays (except Easter) with the orchestra, and the dress rehearsal is tomorrow.




















Today (Wednesday), I had a particularly long day - drove my rig to Mr. Lube in Courtney for an oil change and general fluid and tire pressure check. Then, off to Kal Tire to get that tire checked out - the one with a slow leak, which I thought was a bit soft when I left my rv at Jesse's house - and he mentioned it, too.  Turns out, it was just a deteriorating extension - nothing wrong with the tire at all!  I had to leave my rig there at 11:00 a.m. - so I walked in the direction of Walmart, but realized that I couldn't carry all the stuff I needed to buy there, so I bought a black long-sleeved shirt in a nearby mall (for the concert - I have short-sleeved shirts, but Paul wants long sleeves) and ate lunch at Wendy's, then had a coffee at Timmies to pass the time.  Showed up back at Kal Tire at 2:30 and they were almost finished! Cost me $100 - waaaaay less than I was expecting - bonus! So - I drove to Walmart and got the groceries I needed. By the time I got back to Comox, it was 5:30 and I was exhausted!  Got everything hooked up again and just vegged in front of Netflix for a few hours.  Going to bed soon . . .






Rhodos up close!


Magnolia tree - tulip tree, as some call it!





Pre-rehearsal at Comox United


No comments:

Post a Comment