Tuesday 24 April 2018

April 22nd - 24th

Sunday was leave-your-car-at-home or carpool Sunday!  Barb is sick, Doug and his wife bicycled to church, so Paul drove me (which meant that he could say he carpooled, too), which was great - haven't really had a chance to just chat with him. A show of hands during the service indicated that there was close to 100% involvement in the no-car thing - and the parking lot was full of bicycles, instead of cars.  Very impressive! The scene outside the church still takes my breath away - mountain peaks tumbling over the ocean - postcard stuff!
Monday I collected Brooke's sewing machine, coffee and pillows (to deliver to her daughter in Calgary) and said farewell to the knitting group.  I gave Jane and Bev the gifts I crocheted for them, as thanks for all those driving hours - and dinner at Jane's - and e-book downloads at Bev's - and trips to the Little Red Church - and just plain friendship! These are two awesome women - I'm so glad I got a chance to meet them - and will see them again next year, god willing! On the way home, Bev took me to the rhododendron garden, which was just stunning!  I've always thought of rhododendrons as those potted plants that spread like ivy around your kitchen window - not as trees and bushes filled with peony-sized flowers!
Around 4:00 p.m., I went to the beach to watch the Snowbirds for the last time - I'm told that this is their last day.
Today I'm working on cleaning out more outside compartments - have already cleaned two, but today is the sewer one, so the ickiest!

























No comments:

Post a Comment