Sunday 10 November 2013

Sunday, November 10, 2013

I got up this morning and realized that I could wear my capris, rather than long pants! Great weather - I guess I have finally left the winter  behind.  Left the New Mexico at 10:00 a.m. and drove across the state - wow - what incredible scenery!  Honestly, all those old westerns from my childhood could have been set in New Mexico.  I wasn't prepared for the colours:  different shades of reddish clay, yellows, greens, blues - amazing stuff!  I expected to be bored, but far from it!  After four hours, though, I just wanted to be across the Arizona border and in my campsite!  I'm getting a bit weary of driving all day every day. 
The drive today was awe-inspiring as well as tiring!  I really have to pinch myself - here I am, Joyce Wagland, actually driving through New Mexico!! Who'd a thunk?  The owner of the Kiva RV park recommended a YouTube video, American Nomads, which has a whole section on fulltime rvers.  Everyone should watch that video to understand what I'm doing here . . .

The pictures below were all taken as I drove in New Mexico!!





 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment