Thursday 28 November 2013

Tuesday, November 26th

Got to Corpus Christi on Monday - wifi is practically non-existent.  I rented a car yesterday and went to see Catching Fire, which came out last Friday.  Well done, although really one should read the book before seeing this movie - so much is left out and necessary for a good understanding of the plot. I'm not really impressed with Corpus Christi - rather shabby city - nothing really interesting here, although rvers seem to love it - not sure why.  I did drive up and down South Padre Island, which I've heard so much about - and it was pretty and wild and windswept - but I kept asking myself why on earth I was here, when Galveston was so close! I did visit an awesome, eclectic shop in Port Aransas, chockfull of absolutely delightful stuff! It's called Gratitude and is run by a wonderful woman with partially pink hair and a bubbly, outrageous personality. Wish I could have spent hours there! However, I had to take the rental car back - and then I phoned Jamaica Beach and asked if I could come early (I was booked in for Sunday).  Poor Ron sputtered a bit, but somehow, I think by dint of juggling other people, booked me in to the site that Rob and I had booked back in April. (I had completely forgotten that this is Thanksgiving weekend, one of their busiest times, so the park was pretty much full!) Anyhow, tomorrow I'm making the last leg of my journey and settling in at Galveston!!!!!

Driving on the beach is always a cool experience!

My rental car on the beach on South Padre Island

Amazing store!

Port Aransas

The ocean, from a park in Port Aransas

No comments:

Post a Comment