Thursday 17 July 2014

May 16th & 17th, 2014

Was shooting for Winnipeg, but got slowed down by a tire issue - lost the tread off the secondhand tire that I had put on in Williams, Arizona - actually, it's amazing that it made it this far! I limped into Moosamin, Saskatchewan, and found a tire shop which rotated my tires - put the "spare" brand new Firestone next to the other one I bought in Williams, and put the two Michelins together, then sold me another secondhand one to put under my rv as a spare. I'm beginning to get a real feel for when there is something wrong with one of my tires - a challenge when it's a back tire (because the second tire picks up the weight) and I'm driving on such different road surfaces.  Back on the road after about an hour and a half. I made it as far as Millers RV park near Portage, Manitoba.  Still okay and on track for getting in to TO for May 21 so that I can see Bobby on his day off. Nice, plain campground - nothing special, just a solid place to stay overnight.
The next day, I made it as far as Nipigon, Ontario - back into familiar scenery - and stopped at a very, very basic campground where I was the sole occupant.Two guys in the rv/office warned me not to walk around outside in the dark - animals - but nothing happened - didn't even hear any interesting scurrying noises during the night - okay, it would have taken a lot more than scurrying to wake me up!


My site in Miller's campground

My lovely rv

Not too many neighbours - wrong time of year for Canadians to be rving.

Finally, a place that looks like Ontario - and is!  

Cool Visitor's Centre overlooking the lake

Definitely more of what I'm used to in Canada


Pretty boring . . . 

Stopped at this little campsite near Nipigon.  I was the only visitor

Very basic, but nicely kept up campground

Scene from the side of my rv



No comments:

Post a Comment