Monday 5 November 2012

 Sunday I drove to the Mammoth Caves in Kentucky - thanks for suggesting this, Andy! Toured the Diamond Cave - awesome, inspiring sight - but after one hour and 350 stairs, I'm realizing how badly out of shape I am!  Would love to spend time in the actual Mammoth Caves but don't think my body would last!

I spent Sunday night at the Singing Hills RV campground - great site, and wonderful owners, Elton and Beth Brown.  Since I missed going to a church in the morning, they took me to their church for a service at 6:00 p.m.  Really cool place - Cave City Church of Christ - very, very friendly people - I got hugs from kids and adults alike! No musical instrument - just an elder who starts the hymns a capella and everyone joins in - and I mean EVERYONE! Most of the people there (around 50 of them) had also been to the morning service, but were coming back for more fellowship.  They sang five hymns, all unfamiliar to me, but all the hymn books have the music in them and were really easy to sightread.  Beth sang alto beside me in a strong, strong voice - so I didn't have to worry about volume, Robert - just let loose :)  Before I leave this morning, I'm going to give Beth and Elton my first quilted fish (thanks, Judy) and Frances McPhail descants and write-ups (thanks, Liz) to take to the church - Beth is the church secretary, so she's going to post them on the bulletin board.
This morning, I'm off to Nashville!











1 comment:

  1. You sang full voice? Could anyone else be heard after that? :P Love ya!

    ReplyDelete