Thursday 22 November 2012

Thursday, November 22, 2012:  Thanksgiving Day here - double turkey!  I had to go in to Walmart this morning to get something for the potluck this afternoon - ended up with a box of Thanksgiving-decorated cupcakes - they all went, since there are kids here!  Amazing dinner - the owner had three sittings - 11:30, 1:00, and 2:30 - and she cooked turkeys, hams, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, stuffing and gravy for each one!  Apparently, she used to own and cook for a restaurant, which is why she's capable of this kind of cooking, I guess.  She served leftovers from 6:00 to 8:00, and tomorrow she's serving turkey gumbo - what a woman!  And, of course, all kinds of other food was brought by the RVers - who numbered about 40 at each sitting, btw.
Three people invited me to go to Black Friday with them tomorrow morning, so I'll be up bright and early to do that.  Just to emphasize the impact of retirement on me, we're leaving at 9:00 a.m. - my concept of "bright and early" has changed considerably . . .
 I spent the afternoon lying in the sun, dipping in the pool, and soaking in the hot tub.  It was 75 F. today . . .

2 comments:

  1. Hey, hey, hey Fatima says Hi!!!!!!!!! Miss you. <3 She asked me to sent this to you as she is sitting besides me right now. <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if my reply got sent, so I'll try again! Hi to you, Fatima - get back to work!!

      Delete