Wednesday 14 November 2012

Wednesday, November 14th:  Safely arrived at the Jamaica Beach RV park on Galveston Island!  My expectations were high, but they were substantially exceeded. I've been here for 3 hours and already have spent half an hour in the hot tub, chatting with a guy from Minnesota and watching the sun set. It's weird talking to full-time RVers - we have so much in common - from insatiable curiosity about everything to family and travel stories.  Most are retired - another commonality - and all that I've met so far are super-friendly and willing - eager, even - to share information and helpful tips. Below are literally my first glimpses around this park - awesome, eh?

The houses by the Gulf seem to mainly be built on stilts (or pilings, or wooden stakes, or whatever the correct terminology is)

This is the "adult pool" - it has a bar at one end and lots of these lounge chairs in the water.

. . . or if you prefer the shade . . .

These guys waddled across the road as I was pulling in.



This is the driveway - it stops at the ocean's edge!

Would you believe - the office?  Well, also the room where tomorrow's potluck will be held, plus lots of etceteras which I will discover late, I'm sure

Sunset from my picnic table.  (My hand is not steady enough - the squiggles are actually lights from across the bay)

My RV in all her glory!

Pretty flowers - they proliferate all around the property.

Other pretty flowers - yeah, yeah, so I'm not a gardener - but I know what I like . . . 

And of course - palm trees!!

No comments:

Post a Comment