Monday 10 November 2014

November 10. 2014

I got the day wrong for my evening in the Grand Ole Opry - it wasn't Saturday, it's Tuesday - tomorrow!  Thank goodness that I printed the ticket out Saturday morning and realized my mistake before taking a shuttle downtown. So on Saturday, I walked down to Camping World and spent hours browsing - bought a few things - finally found a cover for my barbeque - been looking for one for about two years now!  I'm pretty captured by the Left Behind series, although the last few books are very disappointing.  I couldn't even remember reading them the first time - probably because they're very boring - but at least it's easy to skim through them.  Hopefully, I'll finish them today and be able to move on to something shorter - no more series for awhile!
Sunday I spent reading and walking around and just generally relaxing - watching the newest Netflix presentations of Phryne Fisher, australian lady detective from the mid 1900's.  I also spent some time planning the next few weeks - decided that driving 7 hours on Wednesday in order to get to Little Rock was a bad idea, especially given my current desire to stop frequently and take in the sights around me!  So . . . I booked in to the Graceland RV Park in Memphis - located steps away from Graceland, so I can check that out. I'll stay there Wednesday and Thursday nights, then do the short hop to Little Rock - I finally booked there, in a site overlooking the river - sounds awesome - for ten days.
Today, I'm plannning to do laundry and have a shower this morning, then go downtown this afternoon and see the Johnny Cash museum - well, maybe - if I feel too lazy, I may just stay here and walk around some more - lots of country around this particular spot. Last night, I spent most of the evening reading and watching the Christmas lights next door - what a display!! When it got too chilly to sit outside on the picnic table, I went inside and sat with the blind up and the lights off, just watching from my window! (Sorry, my Canadian friends and family, "too chilly" means that a sweater wasn't quite warm enough . . . )  What an unexpected bonus it is to be positioned right next to the field of lights!  Another rv parked in the spot between me and the field from Friday to Sunday - but thankfully left yesterday afternoon before the display started.

Don't know if this video will remain a video in this blog - but I hope it does!

From the picnic table beside my rv



Through the fence separating my rv park and the field of lights

Changing colours and lights


Without lights




Cool musical notes!








No comments:

Post a Comment