Wednesday 19 November 2014

November 19th, 2014

Got up today and phoned Enterprise.  They finally showed up about 11:20 and took me to the office to rent a car - got a Honda Elantra - quite cute. I'm finding that the hardest thing to adjust to is training my eyes to see the large numbers on the speedometer!  I drove over to the Clinton Presidential Center and did an audiio tour of the Library there - narrated by Bill Clinton himself.  It's very well laid out, lovely displays, lots of video, impressive historical and political records - but boring for me - American politics is not exactly my forte - or my interest.  In fact, politics in general . . .   Lots of cool visuals, though - I just had to fast forward Bill through a lot of his commentary.  There was even a picture of Jean Chretien - amongst all the world leaders who have been soooo impressed by Clinton. One room was devoted to a mockup of the oval office during Clinton's time in the White House.
There was an art display of Dale Chihuli's work, which was amazing - blown glass.  The whole room is full of delicate, colourful bowls within bowls within bowls - hard to describe, but luckily picture taking was allowed!
After that, I went to the River Market and strolled around a bit, looking at the shops - quite eclectic area.
I found a Krogers fairly close to the rv park and finally bought some fresh fruits and vegetables.  I'm exhausted tonight!
Some of these photos uploaded weirdly, so I'll try again later!

The pedestrian bridge, from the third floor of the Clinton library

Looking from the third floor to the second


Beautiful Dale Chihuli creations!



Replica of the Oval Office during the Clinton regime




My fabulous soup in the restaurant in the Clinton Library




No comments:

Post a Comment